Friday, January 14, 2011

Kanye's Monster Video

I love horror movies. I love gory horror movies. I ate up every single Saw movie.

Even I find this video disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyB2JvMYFfE

TL;DW: sexualized images of naked, dead, dismembered women murdered by Kanye and other male "monsters."

Don't get my wrong, I listened to the lyrics. I have no opinion either way because, quite frankly, I don't care for rap in general. But what I saw in the video was the senseless, sexualized killing of women. I say senseless because it has nothing to do with the song.

It reminds me of the photo shoot they did years ago on America's Next Top Model - sexy pictures of murdered women. The models were dead, and the pictures were gruesome, but they were also "fierce." Again, fetishizing violence against women. That is not okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment